In celebration of Keiko's new Culinary Collection we've collaborated on a series of illustrated recipes to get your mouths watering and your creativity flowing! First up is an ode to the ingredients in the Olive, Pear and Lemon print. Just click on the image for a free downloadable PDF!
This easy and flavorful appetizer is as beautiful as it is delicious. Salty, sweet and rich with the buttery baked brie, apricot jam and both green and black olives... this recipe is super versatile and can be swapped up to accommodate what you have in the pantry with one exception:
I have specified Castelvetrano olives in this recipe as an accompaniment to the Kalamata olives, as they are mild and buttery compared to other salty brined green olives. If you cannot find them you can just leave them off, or replace with 1 T more of the Kalamatas and 2 T of the sliced apricots.
Apricot and Herb Baked Brie with Lemon, Olives and Pears
8 oz Wheel of Brie
2 T Apricot Jam
1 T Lemon Juice
½ tsp Chopped Fresh Tarragon
1 Sprig Stripped Fresh Thyme Leaves
3 T Kalamata Olives
3 T Castelvetrano Olives
3 T Sliced Dried Apricots
½ Sliced D’Anjou Pear
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave the Apricot Jam in a small bowl for a few seconds until it is liquid consistency. Add the Lemon Juice, Tarragon and Thyme. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Remove the Brie from it’s wrapper and remove the top rind. Place the brie in a small ovenproof baking dish.
4. Slice the Kalamata and Castelvetrano Olives lengthwise, reserving a few of each variety whole for garnish. Top the brie with the sliced olives and apricots. Lay the sliced pear in a fan on top of the brie and pour the apricot, lemon and herb mixture over the top, using a spoon if necessary to ensure the pear is coated. Top this layer with a few whole olives.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the brie is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with sliced baguette.
Note- I use Castelvetrano olives in this recipe as an accompaniment to the Kalamata olives, as they are mild and buttery compared to other salty brined green olives. If you cannot find them you can just leave them off, or replace with 1 T more of the Kalamatas and 2 T of the sliced apricots.
We'd love to hear if you make this recipe! Let us know in the comments~ Thank you!
With love, Ammie and Keiko
Click on the image for a free PDF download.